What are we doing to protect our customers and our staff?
We take our responsibility seriously to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and keep our customers, employees, and our own family safe. We respectfully ask that you do the same when visiting us at Sugar Pines this season. Please note we continue to follow the latest CDC, state and local guidelines, and will update our plan accordingly as necessary.
Help us keep our farm open all season! To protect everyone, we kindly request the following, of both our customers and our staff:
- Please, do not come to the farm if you, or someone you have been in close contact with, have received a positive (or suspected positive) test for COVID-19, or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, headache, chills, loss of taste or smell, muscle aches). Please consider our delivery options instead! Our staff will be screened daily and temperature checked for your safety.
- Maintain 6’ social distancing when at all possible (inside and outside).
- Wear a face covering (if medically possible) inside our buildings and outside when social distancing cannot be maintained. If you don’t have one just ask – we have plenty of extras (no charge)!
- Sanitize your hands frequently – we’ll have plenty (70% alcohol or more) available in all of our buildings, outside of restrooms and at stations throughout the farm. Maybe you’ll catch a glimpse of Santatizer roaming around the farm!
- Consider visiting during the week with the crowds are much smaller.
- Consider delivery (order form available on the home page of our website), or pre-ordering for “barn-side” pickup – no need to even get out of your vehicle!
- For those considered at risk, consider visiting us during our special expanded hours on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10am-12pm, reserved just for those who need to avoid crowds for health reasons.
What other changes can you expect due to COVID-19?
While we would love nothing more than to go on with business as usual, we all know that’s not possible in this COVID world! So, we will also be taking the following steps, in an effort to create as safe an environment as possible for all in 2020:
- The hay wagon ride will be running on the weekends, but with limited capacity. There will be only one place to enter and exit the wagon, monitored by one of our staff members to ensure safe social distancing.
- Weather permitting, our bonfire area will be available daily, but sadly, we will not be able to offer s’mores this year – just no safe way to do that, sorry.
- Santa will be visiting on select dates, but will only be available at a safe social distance – think waving and saying hello, but not sitting next to him for a picture. Have to keep Santa safe for his big day on Dec. 24th!
- Disinfecting supplies will be available at the saw & sled stations for those customers who would prefer to clean these items before using them.
- Increased number of pay stations throughout the farm, including at least one that does not require entering a building. All pay stations will have contactless payment options available and protective countertop barriers between staff and customers.
- All offices and the barn will be capacity limited according to social distancing guidelines.
- We will be regularly disinfecting frequently touched surfaces such as counter tops, door knobs, credit card screens, bathrooms, etc.
- No touch garbage receptacles will be available throughout the farm.
Please contact us for more information about our complete COVID-19 Safety Plan.